ROI Exchanges are brief but powerful virtual networking sessions that enable Lifelines Network members to exchange ideas, information, and leads and receive Return On Investment! These “green” meetings burn minimum energy and give you a healthy return; you stay put at your desktop, eliminating travel time and expenses and maximizing your efficiency. ROI Exchanges are held using the online meeting program known as WebEx. When you receive an evite to a ROI Exchange you simply register for the event, receive a link by email, and attend from anywhere that you have a computer! ROI Exchanges are free or low cost and are offered to Lifelines Network members only.
Format of ROI Exchanges (maximum 60 minutes):
- An introduction and updates from the Lifelines Network ROI Exchange Host(s)
- Up to 15 minutes of valuable information presented by a Network member (presentations will be infrequent to allow for more time for networking)
- Up to 2 minutes for each member to do a presentation (attendance limited to 12 members). You are free to use the stage for any business related or educational purpose. See tips below for more on making the most of this opportunity.
- Time permitting, Q&A between the members and host(s)
- Closing statements from the Lifelines Network Host(s)
- After the event, you will receive an email providing the contact information of each Lifelines Network Member who participated in the ROI Exchange – no fumbling with a stack of business cards!
Tips for Maximizing your ROI Exchange Experience:
- Make sure your online Network profile is complete and up-to-date
- Be “present.” Because you’re at your desk out of view it will be tempting to check emails, texts and to multi-task until it’s your turn to be in the spotlight. Resist the urge, listen and let your brain think about how the member speaking at that moment can serve your clients and work with you in a mutually beneficial way.
- Take notes for follow up with these members. Integrate a comment or two relating to what you have heard from the others into your 2 minute presentation to show you were a good listener and know how to collaborate!
- In your presentation, do not exceed 2 minutes. We will ring a big bell if you do!
- Try to think of specific points you definitely want to cover and write down those main points. One benefit of virtual events is you can refer to your notes! Just be sure to speak up and clearly. Be animated in your voice to get your point across effectively.
- Some things you can cover in your presentation can include:
- Explain what you do – do not assume the other members understand the services you provide
- Share 1 unique aspect of what makes your services or product(s) superior, trustworthy and desirable to the clients of other members
- Report on a recent accomplishment or break through with your business; or talk about a challenge and ask people to email you with advice
- Provide useful information to your fellow Network Members. A recent statistic, great new product, upcoming event information, etc
- Be sure to tell the other members what is a good lead for you – who is your ideal client?
- Ask for something you need: leads, resources, input on an idea for an upcoming advertisement or seminar you’re giving, etc
- You do not need to provide your contact information as it will be circulated after the event to all attendees, and your profile is on the website.
- Follow up to maximize your ROI Exchange!
- Tell your Lifelines Network Host(s) what you thought of the experience and what we can do to make the ROI Exchanges even better.